Here are some tips for keeping your favourite perfume in top condition.
- Keep your fragrances in a cool, dry place away from direct sunlight and heat sources (such as radiators).
- Extreme heat or cold will upset the delicate balance of the oils and change their scent.
- Once a bottle of perfume is opened, use it.
- A spray lets in less air and evaporates slower than a bottle with a cap but even the finest essence fades with time.
- If you prefer one fragrance in winter and another in the summer, you’ll extend their life between seasons if you store the bottle in the vegetable crisper of the refrigerator.
Fragrance Family classifications © Copyright Michael Edwards 2012